Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Thursday, November 13, 2003

WOO HOO it's finally finished!

Well...almost. The entire house except for one small area that had a lot of caulking to be done is painted. Done.
I have had a bath. My painting clothes are in the washer. I'm sitting here now dressed in my nano shirt and my most comfy pj pants (and who knew? they match!) and that's exactly how I'll look come bath time tomorrow. Well, hopefully my hair will have settled down a bit by then...no conditioner. WOW it's scary.

If all goes according to plan.

I don't figure I'll move more than 20 steps to the bathroom or kitchen all day. If the wind lets up I may go sit on my newly painted and rearranged screened porch, but that's about it. Tomorrow I veg and write. Write and veg. Or maybe just veg if my body totally gives up like it has been wanting to. Either way, I can't wait!

The house is great. There is one small strip of gutter to be painted still that is above the bay window but wind was too high today to even attempt climbing up there. That's not my job though. Six feet off the ground and I can hear it calling to me. Pulling me even. My dad thinks I have vertigo. But while I'm up on a ladder I'm thinking more like downigo. No matter what you call it, it ends with splat. And I know that even if I splat I'm still responsible for cleaning everything up around here so I can do without it.

In other news tonight was the last night to look through book order forms (the school ones) and turn them in tomorrow. I should never have looked because they had some good sales and we ended up getting 22 books. Most were sold in sets and the price ended up just over 2.50 a book, even for hardcovers. Great deals. The teacher is going to love us. Leirin is going to hate carrying them home. I did order her a set of heartland books just because she'll have to. My nice mom thing of the month.

So I'm sitting here typing up this blog and Jake comes to me.
It seems Jake has a problem. He says "Mom, I want to be six things when I grow up and there are 5 things I want to do while I'm a children." He walks over to the washing machine and starts pacing in front of it in stressed out man mode. "I'm worried," he said, "that I won't have enough money to pay for my job because I mostly have change. I've spent all my dollars."
"Jake, your job pays you. It's where you earn your money." I said
His eyes lit up.
He hadn't given me his job list yet so I asked, "What kind of jobs do you want to do, buddy?"
"I want to be a garbage man. A firefighter. A dog trainer, yeah, a wild animal dog trainer." he said, pacing faster in the walking circle he had created, and kept right on talking. "I want to be an acrobat, and a painter, and a weather man - so you can see me on TV, and a gardener. Yeah, I can be a gardener and plant my own seeds and grow you flowers."
His list had grown quite long and he looked at me, breathless from rattling off such a list with a horribly stuffy nose.
"There's one more job I want to have"
"Another one? What job is that?"
He grinned and shrugged his shoulders up high and looked at the ground. "A father." he said, "I want to be a father for kids like me."

I love that boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home