Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Wide open

As is usually the case when I'm involved in completing a project of any size, I've been running wide open for over a week now. The rain delay last week left me a little time to catch up in the house (of course, you can't tell it now) and then we were back to the great outdoors and high walls of the house. It's looking really great, such a difference! I've learned a lot about painting - and our house.

One - we really need new windows.
Two - the people who originally lived here and did a lot of the adding on and rennovation were putzes. Nothing they did was done completely right or very well.
Three - Six feet off the ground on the ladder truly is my limit. The ground wants me back and I can feel it pulling at me.

It's been fun, and well worth it though my arms doth protest. Actually it's just my right arm, the one I've used to brush paint the entire bottom level with a 4 inch brush. It's the basement level so it's concrete block. Rough concrete block that was easier to do well with a brush. My poor arm.

Today will be a race against the wind. We're under advisory starting later this afternoon so we have to get on the ball and get the second story windows and the gutter repairs done quickly because even though it's not me up on the 30 foot ladder, it freaks me out. I don't want the ground dragging my uncle off of it either.

Also, as with any big project I do, it has given birth to numerous other projects in the process. I have plans for a tool storage shed, a potting bench and a car port. And since I had to go to Home Depot for another gallon of paint the other night, I also bought lumber. So I not only have project ideas, I have lumber. Somebody stop me!

Jake is over the chicken pox but now has a whopper of a case of poison ivy. He just can't give it a rest. His allergies are also giving him fits and he's stuffy. Big time stuffy.
The pollen still rains down here in this fall that seems to be taking it's sweet time about giving way to winter. I'm not complaining, but my nose (and Jakey's) is.

My start to nano has been slow but I've managed to hit over 8,000 words. I may be close to 9k now but I haven't typed up the last of what I had written so I'm not sure. I don't know that I will come close to hitting 50k by the end of the month but I can see myself writing regularly. And that's way better than hitting a word count. I've had fun. I just wish I'd have had more time for fun. Hopefully by the weekend I will be ready to add a lot more nano time to my to do list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home