Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

For Angela

It seems Angela might have missed me, or she's bored and has nothing else to read. Either way, I thank you for making me think you might have missed me, Angela. I've been busy since Friday because that was Halloween and Jake still had the chicken pox and couldn't be taken out to expose everybody in the world. though he wanted to know why not and when I tried to explain that we try not to make people sick he said "Well Leirin made me sick and somebody made Leirin sick. " and then there was the very sweet and sad "Little kids should have big bags of candy on Halloween."

And so we did.

I went managed to get my hands on candy, marshmallows, glow in the dark sticks, necklaces and bracelets and on Friday night after dark, we built a fire in the back yard and roasted marshmallows. And we ate candy. And then I had a piece of boston cream pie. And Saturday morning I woke up with one of those hangovers that Shelley was talking about. Luckily, I remembered the old hangover advice someone told me back in high school, and used the old "hair of the dog that bit ya" cure. I had a few mini snickers for breakfast and everything was hunkey dorey after that.

I also started painting my house Friday. The outside. My uncle is a painter and he needs a new painting van. I have a wrecked one with minor damage and whatever caused it to do that speeding up on it's own thing that caused the wreck, and he has a son that works at a repair and body shop. Diagnostic computers and car working on tools at his disposal. I'm sure my uncle can get it fixed and be safe, and he wants it. He has no money and I have a house in bad need of painting.

The deal is I buy the materials, he paints the top half and I paint what I can reach from the ground or a 6 foot ladder (as long as I don't have to look up or hang off of it in any way). Gotta love the barter system.

So the front of the house is darn near done at this point. Today I painted the trim on the other front door, one window and part of the boxing. It wasn't much because it rained most of the morning and I had to let it dry out and clear up a bit. Hopefully tomorrow will see the rest of the front trimmed out and finished. It looks fabulous! And it's darn near about to kill me in the process. 8 hours on a ladder is rough.

Because it is the way it has to be, because the outside of my house is getting whipped into shape the inside is looking like someone set off explosives. It's that balance thing. I wonder if it would be so bad if I hadn't been born a Libra. Who knows.

And Saturday was the start of nano. I've got just over 4,000 words so far and after my shower in a short little bit I'll be sitting down to spend the rest of the night writing. I can't say for sure any of it's worth a crap but hey it's 4,000 more words than I've ever had on paper. Or screen. And I get to make up exactly what I want and it's kind of fun even if I do suck at it. Maybe by the time I get out 46,000 more words I'll have gotten better at it. One can only hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home