Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Sunday, October 26, 2003

Two eyes are definitely better than one

Definitely. I woke up this morning with my eye swollen and icked shut. I'm not sure where the ick is coming from but logic tells me that if the ick is running out of my eye, the swelling should be going down. Not the case. It's getting bigger and now the swelling extends far to the left of my eye and over to my temple. Being that I'm not too big on the idea of going to the doctor to have the thing lanced (done that before it's scary) I took matters into my own hands and I've closed my eye tight and put itchthamol ointment around it, put a patch over it and taped it shut. Itchthamol is a drawing cream. Darn good for treating burns, getting deep splinters to rise to the surface, and keep demons away (the stuff smells horrible). I'm not sure it should be used near the eye. It might cause my eyeball to pop right out of the socket but at this point, I'm willing to risk it.

I didn't sleep well last night. My husband said that he found me in a cold sweat when he came to bed last night, shivering and buried deep under the covers. I don't really remember anything except not resting. Maybe I'm coming down with something. Would be par for the course in this house thesedays. I wonder why it seems to come in these huge waves? We don't even tend to have the same problems going on (with the exception of the chicken pox) but it seems everybody's got something.

The time changed last night and I woke up at 6am on the dot. This might be pretty cool if it gets me up in time to get the girls off to school and doesn't feel like my butt is dragging because my body is thinking it got to sleep until 7 (that's the time it wants to sleep to when I have to wake up at 6). I know it will only be good for a few days until I adjust but I'll be glad to not have to fight to wake myself up come tomorrow morning. I like that my computer changes the time automatically for me. That means I get up with a reference point for the correct time. Lots of clocks to change today, and batteries to put in the smoke detectors. Wonder what climbing up on a step ladder will be like with only one eye? Scary thought. It isn't like not being able to see. It's not even like only seeing half of things but for some reason, even though my vision in the other eye is perfect, I just can't see as good. I went to pour my coffee into the cup this morning and missed the cup...poured it right over the back side of it and onto the counter. Weird. I may put some more time in on the basement today. I like that it's coming together like it is. I have a feeling that once I'm done with arranging the workshop side, there will be a massive cleaning out of the storage side. What a pain but I'd sure love to see it get empty and clean. I've been working on the basement for years though and I'm still at the place I'm at now. I don't know if it makes much sense to hold out for clean. For some odd reason I still hold out hope though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home