Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Even though I worked straight through my birthday, Linda, Kim and Shelley remembered me. Thanks! My family remembered it was my birthday but they didn't say anything like kick back and enjoy yourself. It was more like, when is this floor going to be finished? Bless'em, every one.

Well, the floor is finished. The furniture is arranged and believe it or not, things are half way clean and organized. Just a few bits here and there to be done. As is always the way. I think it is impossible for me to have anything complete...but I can't worry about that now. The floor is done! We'll just see how long it holds up to 3 kids and 5 dogs. (crossing fingers)

I snuck online this evening and ordered myself a tranquility fountain. I think I deserve it. Now I just have to figure out where I'm going to put it and hope that my cats aren't so amazed by the colored mist that they end up breaking it before I get to enjoy it. (crossing other fingers) Don't tell Doug though. I'll figure out what to tell him later on after it gets here and assuming he even notices it sitting wherever I decide to put it, but for the moment I'm on highly restricted spending limits, so shhhh.

And as it has to happen when things are coming together, something comes apart. It's all part of that balance thing. Something has to be screwed up or life will be uneven, you know. So tonight in the clean kitchen, up on the clean (and dusted) landing, Gimli ate one of Jacob's Buzz Lightyear sandals and the corner of the piano seat. See? Balance.

It's just a few minutes after 8 and already it's full dark outside. Now I'm not crazy about the time change that will have us sitting in full blown nightfall by 5:30 pm, but I can't say I mind the dark at this time of day. The moon has been amazingly beautiful for the past couple of nights. I find myself planning a chance to sneak outdoors without kids or dogs hearing me (it's not as relaxing with kids in the door asking to join me, or little doggie noses pressed to the living room windows - then I have to clean dog snot off the windows and there we have that balance thing again). In fact, everyone now is occupied with other things, think I'll go see...

Yep, still hanging. It's a beautiful sight. The whole of the moon is visible and it looks like it is sitting in the cradle of the crescent. I love the moon. I love to sit in its glow and rest. It relaxes me, opens my thoughts, lets me work things through. The light of the moon is a reflection of the sun...and of myself. Whatever in me needs to be worked out, it can be done by the moon. It brings me clarity in the quiet darkness of night.

The air tonight is cool and the kids are quiet in their beds. Maybe I will find some time to sit outside and clear my mind. I could use a chance to regroup - to let some things go and make room to organize other thoughts. I could use that organized thought thing. I've been writing this week. Fiction. An actual story. I'm not sure where it's headed, but it's on it's way. I've written maybe three pages so far. It's like drawing blood from stones, but it's a hell of a lot more than I've written in the past four years. I'll take it. Every blessed painful word of it

It's there in my head, I know it is. I see the scenes of it in my mind's eye often throughout the days; playing out as in a movie. Getting it from my head and onto paper though, is an ordeal. Seat-to-keyboard interface problem is what my brother would call it. I'd say he's right on. Maybe tomorrow, or at some point in the near future, I'll pass a point where my fingers know where my head is going and it will just come spilling out. (crossing more fingers) It's not happening tonight though. Think I'll grab a glass of wine and head out into the night to sit in the moon's light. And I'll think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home