Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Sunday, September 28, 2003

Happy Birthday To Me

Happy birthday to me. I am 23. Hehe, not really, but it rhymed and 23 was a good year :) I'd do it again. It's 8am and I've just finished putting the first coat of finish on the rest of the living room floor. Naturally, I had two kids up before I was half way finished. Any other Sunday they would be in bed until ten and the paint could dry with no problem. Put paint on the floor though, and it's like an alarm clock. Only this one they can hear...unlike the ones they have that are meant to wake them up.

The floor looks nice. It's amazing what a difference it makes. Inside the door I laid a 4x5 foot tile area for walking in on. I'm sure the tile will wear a bit better than the paint would in that area. It looks good too and saved having to paint that area. A good thing. I'm running mighty low on paint at this point. There is one area that's about 2 feet wide and 6 feet long that I need to paint still, but I can't do it until the hutch is able to be moved back into it's place. That's the good thing about painting a wood floor. The boards make it so much easier to do in sections.

Thank goodness it will be finished today. I'm tired of painting and my butt is sore from sliding around on the floor for the better part of a week.

Leirin started classes at Tech yesterday. At 8:30 we pulled into the parking lot on campus and walked up the huge hill to the Industrial Arts & Sciences building. I've never been to college but yesterday I dropped my 11 year old off to start. Go figure. Classes went well for her and I am proud beyond words. I think I've probably mentioned that before.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home