Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Saturday, September 20, 2003

I woke up last night having chills. I don't know if I'm getting sick or if it's because I went to sleep with wet hair and maybe I was laying too close to the air conditioner vent in Jake's room. He had asked me to sit with him for a few minutes while he fell asleep and, as always, I think I probably beat him to sleep. That's a really funny thing about me. Normally, in my own bed, I have a hard time getting to sleep. I'll lay there with my eyes closed, my brain asking "are we asleep yet?" for a couple of hours most nights. But go sit with one of the kids and I'm dozing in record time. I think it's all the yawning the kids do that makes me sleepy. Or maybe I hypnotise myself trying to send the sleep message to them. Don't know.

This morning I'm not feeling too hot but it's not a deathly ill kind of feeling either, so I'm hopeful it will pass. Amazing thing...Jake was awake by 7am! This kid has never rolled out of bed before 11 on his own. He's a nightowl extraordinaire. Awake until 1 or 2 in the morning with no problem. Just don't think you're going to get him anywhere before noon. It makes it tough most days because I have to wake him up around 9 if we're going to have time to get our school work in and have some down-time before the girls get home from school. I'm hoping we may be on our way to a new schedule here. Time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home