Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

The school bus didn't come this morning so at 20 minutes til 8 we loaded into the van and took off down the road. I just got the van yesterday so I haven't learned all the stuff on it. I didn't know that the door wouldn't open if the car wasn't in park. And when the little boy tried to open it in spite of that, the safety thingy just stopped it, leaving Emily with only a small opening to squeeze through to get out. I was still sitting there trying to figure out which button to press to let the door shut so we could move on as everyone else had. It felt silly. Yes I can drive the car. I just don't know how to shut the door. A little practice and I'll get all this stuff figured out though. I just hope the bus shows up tomorrow. I'd rather practice in my drive than in front of 50 other cars waiting for me to be able to move.

In other news, I've started looking at the Atkins diet. Lots of printing and wrinkling of the nose so far. I am not sure I eat enough of the foods allowed in induction to survive for 2 weeks (I'm a teensie bit picky) but I guess we'll see. I've set a date of Sept 20th to start. That should give me time to read up and gather food I need and binge a little on what we have here of the foods I fear I may just die without ;) We'll see if I chicken out or not.

In other, other news, the van has no ashtray. Not one that I've found. I've decided to resist the urge to add a bean bag bottomed tray to a cup holder and just go for no smoking in the van. The car has always been a trigger point for smoking. I always smoke when I ride so if I can manage to break that habit I might have a chance to break others too. Smoking at the computer will be the toughest (and probably the last) trigger place I attempt to phase out. I don't want to send my poor body into shock with too many changes all at once.

Much to do today. Must move...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home