Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Sunday, September 14, 2003

I'm not big into traveling and I've often described myself as a homebody. Shelley calls herself pedestrian and I guess that thought keeps coming to me because if I go anywhere now I'll have to walk, but maybe it isn't how to describe me. Dull and unexciting? Maybe just a tad. But pedestrian belongs to Shelley. Since I haven't had transportation this week, you'd think I am a socialite with places to go and people to see. Every blasted thing I've tried to work on this week while stuck at home has required at least one thing I don't have here. Yesterday I broke down and started painting hall doors. Paint and paintbrush I have. The rest will have to wait - just like those hall doors have waited on me for such a long time.

That's the good thing about being rendered pedestrian. I've accomplished a good deal of minor and major fix-ups this week. The master bath (if you can actually call a 6x9 room master anything) has new wallpaper, has been scrubbed top to bottom and is thoroughly organized. The kids bathrooms were yesterday and even they are impressed with the outcome. Now if I can just get that light bulb that's broke off and stuck in the socket out of there, we will have light again in the half bath. For now we have strategically placed candles - which the kids decide against bothering to ask me to light before they go potty. It's not my fault they wait until the last minute and go ripping though the house to pee in the dark. I tried.

Still no word from Chrysler Corp on my van. It is still sitting in my yard, unable to be touched by even a dealership until their legal department inspects it. I am told it may be up to two weeks before they call to schedule to look at it. I'm waffling on what to do. Right now my options are 1)see what they will do to the van and if I'll feel safe driving it once it is done. 2) put tires, a/c and seatbelts in the Mustang (a 1966) and drive it around looking cool (I kinda like this option except my feet don't reach the pedals and that would necessitate having the drivers seat moved, but I like the looking cool part). It still wouldn't fit our entire family but we could get by for a while. 3) take the insurance money and buy a new van. 4) get van fixed, trade in and get new van (might could also trade the mustang but I don't know if they will take an older car or not). My mind reels with the possibilities...sigh...

In other parts of my life (and yes, there are others in spite of what it's seemed like lately). My puppy baby is growing up. Two days ago I let him out to potty and he lifted his leg to pee. He's 4 1/2 months old now and probably the most calm lab puppy I've ever seen. His best pal is our little Luna - all 3 pounds of her. They are quite a pair. When Gimli needs to cut loose and get wild, he does that with Corri (the Jack Russell). I look at him and know there was never a doubt he would end up staying with us, so I don't know why I put myself through trying to decide. He's a smart little bugger too. He sits on command, begs almost perfectly though he has a tendency to sit too straight so that he flips backwards and bangs his head. Last night, in only half an hour, Leirin had him sitting patiently while she placed his absolute favorite treat (pupperoni) on his nose then he'd jerk his head back and catches it. He is impressive. I wish my kids were so easily trained. Makes me think maybe I should've had puppies ;)

Speaking of puppies...last night Leirin designed a bookmark using a picture of Gimli that she painted in windows paint. Under the picture it says "Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies" They turned out really nice. Later, if I can figure out how to do it, I'll put a picture of it here.

A lot of work waits for me today. Last night after I went to bed, Doug and Jacob stayed up late playing Morrowind together. I'm not sure what went on in Jake's bedroom, but they managed to rip down two of the curtains and most of the work I did helping Jake get his room cleaned and organized was wasted. I still have doors to paint in the hallway and errands to run while Doug is home and has a car. Time is short and the list is long. I should get at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home