Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Thursday, August 28, 2003

So I'm running around the house all week like a chicken with it's head cut off just doing my best to be caught up here so I can be packed and ready to leave for Florida (at 5am Saturday morning). Upstairs has piles of laundry waiting, in spite of the fact that I've done two freaking loads a day EVERY BLESSED DAY this week already. The floors need mopped and I'm almost out of guinea pig food, which means the little buggers will likely starve before we get home because Doug will never get time to make the piggy food run while working doubles every day (more on why he's not going later).

So what do I do?

I went to Lowes and bought yard toys. Power tool yard toys. And today must be my lucky day because it was 12 months no interest day. I went in to get stuff to reconnect our dryer vent so it wouldn't be blowing out into the basement and came out with a gas powered hedge trimmer, a tree limber attachment thingy (looks like a big sawsall) for the weedeater and a shop vac for the basement, stuff to fix the gap in the fence and a gas line for the weedeater so I can run all that cool stuff. I've spent the evening trimming hedges out front and boy are my arms tired. I have to be loaded up tomorrow and I have yet to pack bath stuff. It's the way I work...what can I say.

I'm a fool for tools.

Actually, I think I may be putting off packing because I'm not looking forward to going since I have to hit the road with 3 kids and no husband. My pop is going to drive our van, but still. We seldom get week long vacations and I'm more than a little bit disappointed that I won't get to spend our first in two years with him. It isn't that I think we won't have fun, because I'm sure we will, but I'd rather do it with him there. There's just no way though so he will be stuck at home, living the single life, messing up my house (which will surely be clean by tomorrow) and probably considering it a vacation of a different kind. I don't want to go without him.

Sigh...sitting here is't accomplishing any of the big work that's waiting and I want to fire up that hedge trimmer (have two hollys to even up) before it gets dark and laundry still awaits. There's that dryer vent that I originally started out to fix still needing done too. More tools. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home