Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Friday, August 08, 2003

Well here I am, behind again on posting. Now, not only can I not keep up with laundry, mopping, ironing (yes, I have to occasionally) and dusting, but I fall behind in blogging too. Shameful.

I've been having one of those days today. I went down to the kitchen when I got up this morning and flipped the coffee pot on then took the puppy out for his morning walk. I returned to a counter, drawer and floor covered in coffee and the pot was empty. Great. So I clean that mess up and start another pot which I decide I will sit and watch - my coffee pot has developed this habit and I'm planning to get a new one but dh has me waiting on a catalog from his coffee supplier where I can get a 200.00 coffee pot for about 80 bucks that does all that cool stuff like froth milk and make espresso and cappuccino's. So the coffee pot is dripping right along while I work in the kitchen. This time (smart me) I'm staying close by so that I can watch it. Suffice it to say that I'm not that alert until AFTER I've had my cup of coffee in the morning so the coffee covers the counter and is preparing to run off into the floor before I notice.

Now, not only is it a pisser to have to clean up TWO pots of coffee from all over the place without ever having had a cup to drink, but it's even more aggravating to have the thing with so much hot water spilling out from here there and yonder that I can't even pick it up to slam it into the trash or toss it into the yard. I have to start my day with Type-2 caffine (that wonderfully heavily sugared and caffinated Coke) much earlier than normal and it just screws up my whole day. Just call me Grumpy.

I'm still working on the bottle of Coke and still only half awake and it's nearly 5:30pm at this point. This morning's load of laundry is still in the dryer and I have yet to vacuum the living room. I want that new coffee pot NOW!

Gimli, the now permanent puppy, is napping in front of the a/c vent because you know how hot it gets in the south and he's exhausted from chewing pig ears all day. The kids are playing on their computers and I've been spending time here trying to figure out how to move my blog to my website (something I suck at when I'm at my best...why I attempted to figure it out without any coffee in me today is beyond me). My neck hurts and I have no book to read and hubby is working a double tonight. Woe is me.

Without much coherency, here's what's going on in my little corner of the world...

We're still waiting to get pathology results from my mom's surgery. School starts on Monday for the girls and that means Jake and I will also begin a much heavier schedule than we've been following for the last several weeks. Leirin worked on the farm today even though her last day was supposed to be yesterday. She just wasn't ready to be done with it yet so she showed up again this morning. I'm still so impressed with her.

After figuring out my Lowes card is nearly paid off I've decided to do the living room floor as soon as possible. I'm lusting over Pergo after seeing how well Linda's floor turned out but I've not been lucky enough to find any marked down prices on the boxes at my store. I'm checking other options. Whatever it is it has to be able to hold up to a LOT of punishment. I'm not sure what that would be (besides concrete). Perhaps inspiration will strike soon and maybe it will come with a clearance price.

One can only hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home