Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Thursday, September 11, 2003

I'm Fall-ing

The signs have started. Cool morning temperatures that make you think, yes, this might just be the day to break out the first lightweight long sleeved shirt of the season, and lovely breezes in the evening signal Fall. It's my favorite time of the year. While Spring may be the season of rebirth and renewal, it can't compare to Fall in my book. This time of year is when I'm most motivated, most content. I gather my thoughts, I plan, I revel.

It is the time of the Harvest, the last days of the light and as with anything about to come to an end, boy does it feel good now. When the cold sets in and the nights are long when few things bloom, it is these days I will long for rather than the sweltering Summer. It is this time when I reap the contentment of my spirit and gather it into me and am filled. I really love Fall.

I woke up this morning with the large round moon seeming to hang right outside my bedroom window. Close enough to touch, it seemed. A giant casting it's warm glow over all things as we slept. It's comfortable...comforting. Like the nesting period before birth, though the body is heavy and burdened, when the spirit can sense the coming. This time of year is my nesting period, when I make things ready, accomplish much, and feel good doing it. Though just as with the nesting period before the birth of a baby; it doesn't last near long enough for me before I have to move to the hunker down stage that is the Winter - the waiting.

Today will be a wonderful day, I can feel it. Regardless of whatever stresses the situation with the car may bring, this day was produced just for me. There is at least one of these kinds of days every year. THE ONE that I bottle up in my memory and carry the feel, look, and smell of with me until another is granted when the wheel turns again.
Occasionally I get more than one...a whole week's worth maybe, and those are grand. But even just one will carry me through another year. This day I will remember the essence of, no matter how many follow through this season because this is the first, it's the one I've waited for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home