Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Friday, September 19, 2003

I've spent the day doing remodeling. Or maybe it's just modeling since it's nothing really major. This morning I sewed curtains for Jake's room (he's going pirate on me - ARGH). We got them hung and stitched the fish netting to the tops to make funky little valances and since he couldn't decide where he wanted to hang his pirate flag, I finished painting the hall doors. It is finished. Yay me! I came in here to take a break and darn if the living room carpet isn't screaming "RIP ME UP! RIP ME UP! I'm dirty. I'm nasty. I never look good! Put me out of your misery!." I don't have money for a new floor but I might could manage to squeeze out enough moola for some floor paint. I don't want to move all that big furniture though. I don't know. Maybe I'll rip it up and see what's under there. Sure wish Linda S lived closer. We'd have my living room looking sharp in no time, I bet.

I've been chatting with Michelle and she's been making me jealous with tales of her adventures in dating. Dating sounds like such fun. Maybe I should talk my husband into asking me out sometime - if he ever gets to come home, that is. He's still working doubles every day. Hey, that's two links in one blog and if they work, I'll be getting pretty good at this stuff. If they don't, I'm giving up.

Well, when I sat down here I had a lot of stuff to write now my head is empty. I guess I shouldn't have started drinking until after the blogging. Some of it was pretty good too (knowing how I usually write that's probably not true) but all that's left are flashes and it seems like it was good stuff. Oh well. I think I'll have another glass of wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home