Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Progress

Today I've spent the majority of the day cleaning up the floors so I can move furniture on the other half of the room I have to paint still. I like just shifting and working around things but it sure makes it take a lot longer. The tv is in place though and directv dude tells me Fed Ex will have our new receiver here tomorrow. I'm thinking relaxing evening on the couch for must see tv. I made it through to the washer and dryer too and both are busy working away as I type. It's nice not to have to step over things on the way to and fro. It only lasts a moment though because tonight I have to start sanding the other half of the room that still awaits paint. Only two pieces of furniture on that side though - it should go much more smoothly if I can just get everyone out of the house long enough for it to dry. It's the section of the house most traveled and is right inside the front door too. That should be interesting.

I love the way the floor has turned out so far. Imperfections and all. And there are a lot of them. It's mighty hard to take the most open room in the house and keep the kids out of it...much less 9 cats. For the most part everyone was well behaved but the pig did have to take a chance on trotting across wet paint yesterday morning. The paw prints touched up fine and the paint wore off his feet by the time he got to the areas of the house that aren't waiting to be painted. Whew! Jacob was jumping from one piece of furniture to the other yesterday over the wet paint on the floor (a game he's made. Jakey jumps the lake of wet paint. Will he fall? If he falls, will he survive the wrath of the painter goddess (that's me ;) ) Well, he fell while I was taking a business call and he touched it up with the poly before I got back. I decided against snatching him bald-headed just then. I was going to need help hauling all those books and movies back to the shelves this morning. He was very apologetic and he did stop playing Indiana Jakey and the lake of painted fire and he's been a big help to me since. All is forgiven. It wasn't anything a stamped leaf on top of wouldn't fix. And it did. Almost.

All that is left is putting the quarter round molding around the room. That's a job for another time though. I'm ready to complete phase 1 and move on to phase 2 (sitting on my butt for a few days). Right now I think I'll grab a hot bath and leave the sanding for tomorrow. One day of rest in the middle of it will probably do me good. Actually I'm counting on it aggravating me to no end to walk in there and see the oogly part that still needs painting so that by the time I start the actual work on Friday, I will look forward to it instead of thinking I'd rather take a beating than get started. Again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home