Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Saturday, October 25, 2003

No real blog tonight. My left eye is swollen nearly shut (must be a stye or something equally icky) and Jake now has the chicken pox. Yay me...

I did spend some time cleaning and organizing my basement workshop today. It won't be long now and I'll be ready to build all kinds of cool stuff down there. I've just about got enough space cleared that I'll feel I can ask my husband for a table saw for Christmas. Wish me luck. I really want one.

Miraculously the house has remained pretty clean in spite of me being off in the nether areas of the house where I can't hear what's going on up here. Must be the chicken pox keeping things under control. Leirin is practically well except for one spot that's trying desperately to get infected and Jake has just plain felt yucky today. He woke up with a temperature and a few more spots. I've gone back and forth over the last couple of days thinking yes he's getting them, well maybe he's not. He'd have spots, then they'd be gone, then they'd be back again. Go figure. But today we are pretty darn sure. Gonna make a trip to the doctors just to be double sure.

Emily went to work with her dad this morning in hopes of causing him to HAVE to make his day a short one (and wanting to avoid being stuck at home with the sicko's) and after work he took her to have her eyes checked. Turns out she's nearsighted and had to get glasses. Up close her eyes were fine but on the far away test (don't know what it's called) she couldn't see squat. I can't wait to see what glasses she chose. Doug says they are smart looking and she is cute in them. Emily called them "intelligent glasses". Bless her heart. I never knew. She reads and sees just fine close up. I had no idea she was blind far away. We have it fixed though and maybe now she will understand what she should be seeing and can tell us if it isn't right. Makes me feel guilty though.

Doug and Jacob love to play a game called Morrowind. Last night Doug was playing and he left all of their weapons behind in a cave somewhere and they were lost. Jake told me about it first thing this morning even through his feverish daze. When Doug got home from work today he found a note taped to Jacob's closed bedroom door. "Dad you levt the wepns do not km in you cant play". I thought Doug would laugh himself to death standing there in the hallway. He apologized to Jake and explained that after Jake had gone to sleep he managed to find all the weapons and get them back. All is forgiven and they are playing now. We're planning on keeping that note.

Ok my eye hurts I'm going to pluck it out or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home