Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Monday, November 17, 2003

Timing

It's just as well that I had planned a weekend of complete vegging because after being taken down late Saturday with what feels like the flu, it's all I've done. Everything was going along just as planned, I was spending very little time working and very much time nano-ing. Then about 10:00 Saturday night when I got up to switch laundry (I had to do laundry at least) it hit me like a load of bricks and I've been trying to pick my way clear of them since.

Whatever it is, it seems that it will not last for too long. I woke up this morning with my stomach sound enough for one cup of coffee. Probably a bit too much for me to take on considering that buffalo rock ginger ale and broth had been the only thing I could stomach for more than twenty four hours, but I wanted coffee and I took that as a good sign. I've been up since before 4am. Another sign, I thought, considering I've slept a good 24 of the last 30 hours.

I woke up ready to write - yet another sign. My fingers aren't so stiff they resist any movement this morning and that alone makes me feel infinitely better. I brushed my hair first thing because my head could now stand the weight of the brush being pulled through my hair. Thank goodness...I was getting plumb scary.

I still feel pretty yucky - don't think I could eat a bite and my head swims occasionally but I appear to be on the upswing of it all. Whatever this nasty stuff is.
It's like a hangover, and a nasty one at that, minus the fun.

With less than nimble fingers I've managed almost 600 words this morning and that makes me pretty happy even though I'm moving at a snail's pace compared to most others I nano with. And so today I'll sit here typing until I have to lay down for a nap. I'll work on laundry if my arms will fold it and maybe I'll get the bed made, or at least straightened before I have to climb back in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home