Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

School's out for summer!

Well, in two half days it is. Still I can't keep the song out of my head. I actually volunteered to take my kids out of school last week after they collected all the books, but nooooo. Ok, so I get more excited about summer than my kids do. Em is still battling bouts of crying over "the end" (she's so dramatic) and Leirin, though a bit more mellow about it, wasn't interested in jumpstarting summer either. Duds they are.
Hey, I have things to do. Lots of things.
I have a lot of rooms left to paint and flooring scattered all over the dining room waiting to be installed once it is through "acclimating". I'm ready to get on with it already. Actually I'm ready to be done with it already. Em will be home by about 11:30 in the morning (why they have at least two half days at the end of the year is beyond me) and we're out of the gate by noon after having a less than healthy lunch over which we will discuss (and lament, I'm sure) the end of the year. The end of an era even. Next year will bring an entirely new school and all new friends. GAH! It's just so tragic! **Really I am sympathetic to my kids and I remind them frequently that we aren't going but 10 miles down the road and they can still see their friends. Shoot, they're even more likely to want to come over to play since we will be the only house with our own forest. I just need them to cut me a little slack so I can get this over with so they can feel settled again. I do know what it's doing to them.
Truthfully, it's stretching all our nerves a little thin. We feel like we're stuck somewhere between the transporter bay and the coordinates. Great unmaterialised blobs of nothing with somewhere to go, somewhere to return to, but are in a state of nothingness right now. I just watched Star Trek a while ago. Forgive me. It had to be the Star Trek reference because if I'd used Angel to make my point I'd have had to say.................
I'm not sure what I'd say. Disappointing show. Incredibly well done and about 2 hours too short. Left wide open with so much unexplained. So much unsaid. So many HUH?s Illryia was a real bad ass. I decided I like her a lot. "I want to do more violence," she said. There are days I can totally relate. There wasn't near enough Spike and what about the prophecy? Who gets to be the real boy? Oh well. Can't hope for too much in an hour. Maybe there will be movies. Better yet, Spike tv! At least Star Trek delivered.
Allie continues to be quite the good girl. Not once have I mopped her pee or had to scoop poop from any dark hidden corner. Those floppy little ears enchant me. Gosh I love puppies.
I'm going to try to get in bed a bit early tonight because tomorrow I hit the ground running. There is laundry to finish up here, toilets to scrub, animals to feed and boxes to pack and load. All before Em gets home. But first it will be coffee. Tanzanian Peaberry, mmmmmmmmm, my favorite. Sweet dreams.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I still have until June 11th before school's out :) I was disappointed with the Angel finale too :( I posted about it in my blog yesterday. We can only hope there will be some anel movies in the future. Linda D.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home