Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Sunday, May 16, 2004

Lost and Found

We were coming home from Lowes tonight (yes, I practically live there thesedays) and we found a puppy that had apparently been abandoned at the entrance to the recycling center and the large plant that occupy all the land on this particular road. She has the face of a border collie but it's all black except for her adorable chin. She isn't tiny but she's pretty young and she still has that sweet puppy breath. (awwww, I seriously love puppy breath).
We're calling her Allie. Though we assume she was dumped there because of the location and the fact that she hesitated to come when she was called as if she was afraid and her flea collar was on so tight it was cutting into her neck, we will try to find her owners. It's doubtful though. After ten years of rescue work you get good at reading the animals reaction and the places they turn up. Most likely we will end up trying to place her in a new home soon. She will make someone a really wonderful pet. If we don't find one, she will become our yard dog, I'm sure. That's the way it always works. It's why we have six dogs already (on less than one acre) Surely the fifteen acres at the new house will free up room for one more. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Not much going on on the remodeling front. It will be a few weeks still before the guy can come to start work on the bathrooms because he's finishing up two jobs at the moment. I, on the other hand, got all the rooms primed today and I'm ready to begin putting on top coats of paint YAY! We have all the paint. The kids have picked some really cheerful colors. It's going to be a happy looking house. I am very glad that Home Depot has been happy to custom match the Alexander Julian color chips I get at Lowes and put them in Behr paint for me. Nothing can beat Behr. I started out using the best brand of paint Lowes carries, but it don't compare to Behr. I got a beautiful color called Moonshine and one called Honey Moon. I like their color names as much as I like the colors. Great undertones and even bright cheerful colors look elegant and natural. I have to go look at one more type of flooring tomorrow and then I'll make the decision. As soon as rooms are completed, carpet will come out and floors go in. The plan is to be moved in by June 7th. I gotta hurry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home