Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Friday, May 07, 2004

100 THINGS ABOUT ME THAT MIGHT BE OF INTEREST TO PRACTICALLY NO ONE

1. I’m 36 years old
2. I color my hair frequently to match the seasons…dark reddish brown for fall with highlights that end up nearly blonde by summer. I do the occasional Copper Penny too.
3. I’ve learned (recently) not to give my husband a vote between two drastically different color shades for my hair or I’ll end up with a winter color at the beginning of summer L
4. I straighten my hair with a curling iron
5. I am an observer - because I think most people don’t look closely enough and miss some of the most incredibly profound moments life has to offer.
6. There are things about me that are a little weird.
7. I have memories of another life in a time that was long ago.
8. Sometimes I know things are going to happen before they do (see number 6)
9. I’m a country girl
10. If you asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I always said I wanted to get married and have babies.
11. Once upon a time I was HOT
12. The only thing I miss from my life before children is the ability to be ready to leave in 5 minutes and my boobs. Oh and my waist.
13. I still have a great ass. Very glad about that
14. I don’t like having to dress up.
15. I am rediscovering my love for shoes.
16. My children are the most amazing people I’ve ever met
17. I don’t have much tolerance for alcohol. I throw up fast, but once I do I could drink a football player under the table.
18. I have a cute nose
19. My kids have my nose
20. I wear an anklet that jingles. It’s my signature
21. I don’t fit in with other moms. They’re so…TV mom and I’m just weird.
22. I can read people well.
23. I believe in magic.
24. My favorite drink is Amaretto Sour. I can drink lots of them
25. I get “fast” when I am drinking.
26. # 25 is one of my husband’s favorite things about me
27. In high school I saved my lunch money to buy TJ Swann (Mellow Days) for the weekend.
28. I’m not as exciting or adventurous thesedays
29. My Christmas wish list is full of power tools, my husband wants kitchen gadgets
30. I can not tolerate a liar
31. I know if I’m being lied to
32. I will buy 5.00 clearance clothes I like ok instead of the $30.00 anything that I adore and that would look great on me.
33. I’m worth more than I think I am
34. I can do or learn to do just about anything.
35. Demolition ranks right up there with sex
36. I have an unhealthy obsession with Spike
37. I have a thing for bad boys
38. I’m glad I didn’t marry a bad boy. He’s been hard enough.
39. I love gay men and think everyone should know one. They’re awesome.
40. I worry about what people think of me because I already have a hard time fitting in
41. I think God is in nature
42. I love trees (though I don’t hug them)
43. Houses should be built surrounded by trees that snuggle it close
44. I don’t mind dirty jokes as long as they are really funny.
45. I’m not much of a lady
46. My FIL thinks I’m an uneducated country girl
47. I showed him
48. My brain is way more intelligent than my mouth
49. I won’t lie to my kids
50. I love puppy breath
51. My grandma is one of the most important people in my life.
52. I don’t care if my kids date someone of a different race.
53. I would kill anyone that hurt any of my kids and not think twice about it.
54. I like all kinds of music. My CDs have Louis Armstrong, Ozzy, Aerosmith and Doris Day or Nat King Cole on them and they sound great.
55. I could run the best radio station in the world. If it’s ever been great, I’d play it.
56. One day I want to go to Scotland. I think somewhere around there is where I lived that past life. And I have a thing for men in kilts and Gaelic.
57. My husband won’t take me to the Highland Games because of #56. I’m that bad.
58. I’d like to sit in James Earl Jones lap and listen to him read me a story.
59. I’d just like to sit in Denzel Washington’s lap
60. I think Orlando Bloom should get his ears surgically altered to be pointy all the time, dye his hair blonde and grow it long.
61. I’d love to hear my husband say things to me that Jamie said to Claire (Outlander) Even if it wasn’t in Gaelic
62. I think Rocco (from the restaurant) is a real to-the-bone-FOOL. And he’s too stupid to realize he is.
63. Bill Nye the Science guy turns me on.
64. I can’t watch any movie set in the 70s. 70s style was a mistake the first time around and I can’t believe we’re having to do it again. I grew up wearing double zipper, patch-worked, hip-hugging, flared leg blue jeans. It’s just wrong. Shudder.
65. I’d rather wear boys Levis than silk pants.
66. I can’t do anything left handed
67. My brother and I have a thing about toothbrushes and ink pens. If we find a good one, we have to tell each other about it.
68. My brother is my best friend in the world.
69. I think some insane people know something the rest of us don’t.
70. I’ve written a hundred books in my head but my fingers are apparently constipated.
71. #70 may be related to my head being smarter than my mouth. (only fingers in this case)
72. I give up too easily
73. I can pick stocks like Buffet (but I’m not sure I spelled his name right. For some reason I never read it before and got an image of a table full of food)
74. I like to watch the moon. It gives something to me
75. Sometimes it’s hard not to smack stupid people. Not your every day person that does something stupid, but truly stupid people. Like Rocco.
76. I think if God chose to be anything, she’d be a horse. Or a dog.
77. I like to lean close to a sleeping baby and feel their breath on my face.
78. I miss having babies.
79. I like that there is not a single soul from the school all the way through the district office that don’t know I’m hell on wheels when it comes to my kids.
80. The Wiggles creep me out.
81. I think it’s wrong that I’m getting gray hair and wrinkles
82. Long, long ago I had a boyfriend that was mean. I’d like to go back in time and kick his ass.
83. I’m severely afraid of heights. When I’m in a building with more than 4 stories I can feel it move and the ground pulls at me.
84. I’ve stood and watched men with long poles search water for one of my kids.
85. I couldn’t survive anything like 84 again.
86. I don’t fall apart until the end.
87. I have a headache daily
88. I wonder if the headache would go away if I could write those stories
89. I like that my kids rescue chipmunks and snakes from the cats and move them to a safe place
90. I especially like that they usually do it before the cats make it inside with their catch of the day
91. The smell of honeysuckle can make just about anything better.
92. I think it is wrong that someone can make millions of dollars throwing a ball while children starve.
93. I live with more than a dozen animals. Aside from the hair, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
94. I don't swim
95. I don’t want to live far away from my family
96. I don’t want my kids to live far away from me
97. I can cry watching movies. One time I could cry over commercials but they don’t make many very good commercials anymore.
98. I think I’d have a knack for writing ad copy since I apparently have a thing for commercials.
99. I think people that don’t like animals can’t be trusted.
100. If I answered these questions tomorrow I would probably sound like an entirely different person.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home