Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Thursday, April 22, 2004

I'm babysitting this week and several times over, I've been amazed at how lost I've felt with a two year old. Yesterday after making bowl after bowl of whatever I could find only to have Austin shake his head no, I had to break down and call my brother at work.

"What does he want when he says 'I mona ead a bow!'?"

"Grits, usually. But that don't mean he's going to eat them. It's what he's asking for though. Unless he means oatmeal"

I had tried oatmeal already and gotten a firm shake of the head and another plea to let him ead a bow. So I made grits. He only ate about half but that's way less than I went through in other bowl stuff trying to figure it out. I have a picky eater of my own, but thank goodness I can understand him when he asks me for one of the six things he actually eats. And if he asks for it, it usually means he'll eat it. I still remember the days when each of my kids were like Austin. I'd just forgotten how frustrating it could be and how seriously it could appear that the kid was going to starve to death before I could figure it out.


The plan today is to start out with grits if he asks to eat a bowl and hope he didn't mean oatmeal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home