Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Sunday, April 04, 2004

Ahhh, lazy Sunday mornings. There's nothing quite like the couple of extra hours of quiet I get on the weekends because everyone who is home stays up extra extra late on Friday and Saturday nights. I sit around in my pajamas, drinking enough coffee to give me the shakes and make me break out into a sweat. Throw the dogs outside so I don't hear them whining at each other. Play a thousand or so games of Spider Solitaire on the computer.

Life is good.

I forgot to run the clocks up before I went to sleep last night. It was quite a shock to wake up at ten til 8 and go straight to make coffee and have it be pretty near 9:30 by the time it finished brewing and I sat down at the computer. Thank goodness the computer automatically adjusts or I'd have sailed right on through the day without realizing I was an hour behind on everything. DOH.

The weekend has shaped up to be pretty nice in spite of cold nights and windy days. Good thing too because this afternoon is packed full of yardwork to be done. I have an overwhelming need to go to Lowes. I'm so desperate to start projects in the new house I'm about ready to don my overalls and begin work here in this house. I hate waiting.

I hate the time change too. One pot of coffee started at 8:00 and here it is almost 12:30 and I'm still in my pjs. I'm afraid I don't have the luxury my family enjoys of being able to park myself on the couch and pretend I have maid and butler service. I must get moving on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home