Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Up too early

I am destined to never, never, NEVER get a full 8 hours of sleep. Never. For, oh, about the last 10 or 12 years I've lived on 4, maybe 5 hours of sleep a night max. It is beginning to get to me, I think, because here lately, I can sit right down and fall asleep at the drop of a dime. Not that I ever get to, but I could. Last night I just couldn't stand it. I was on the bed reading a book when my husband walked in and asked what time it was. "It's 8:30," I yawned.

I can remember him turning on the television and whining that Enterprise came on at 8:00 instead of 9:00 and I remember a sigh of relief when he found out that apparently they just threw a repeat on before the regularly scheduled program. But I never heard one word of the show. Didn't finish the chapter in my book either. I just snoozed. For seven whole glorious hours I slept and then at 3:45 my eyes flew open like I was afraid I had overslept. I looked at the clock and pretty near giggled. All that good sleep and I could stay in bed for near 2 more whole hours! It wasn't happening though. By 4:00 I had rolled over so many times trying to get comfortable again that even my dog jumped up and left the bed in favor of the empty couch where she could actually get some rest.

It's so not fair.

So here I sit with an hour left before I have to start waking the girls for school. I've done a load of laundry and one is dry and waiting to be folded. I've filed all the paperwork on my desk and I can see wood on both sides of the computer. There's a fresh, though a bit too strong, pot of coffee in the caraffe beside me. I'm even dressed to the shoes (waving to Martha Fly By) but really all I wanted was that other hour of sleep. I guess that means I'll be snagging it around 2:00 when school is over because I'm just not meant to have it any other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home