Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Friday, April 16, 2004

Things keep getting more and more hectic. Just when I think it isn't going to get any worse, I pack another box and it ends up lessening the amount of room we have to walk in the house even more. Add to it the fact that I'm babysitting for the next two weeks and I understand completely why my get up and go has got up and went. It aggravates me to find myself sitting to watch television in the middle of the day now because I can do little else. I can't even see my washing machine this morning for the pile of boxes that were packed up last night. Guess it's a good thing I also can't see the laundry basket that I'm sure is overflowing.
As I go through things to pack I keep finding things that make me wonder why the hell we ever kept that thing in the first place. And the worst part is...I actually consider keeping it again.
It must've been good, right? Tragic.

And speaking of tragic. Doug called home yesterday and told me to watch the news for reports on a bunch of bodies found at a junk yard near where he works. One of his truck drivers had mentioned it when he made the morning delivery. So I watched and saw nothing. A "bunch" of bodies I thought surely would cause an interruption in regularly scheduled programming to let the public know what's up. Later on in the day Doug called me from work and mentions that the mayor has apparently made a statement about what happened (still not on the news). Six people were hunting and they were stalking some turkeys in a huge old junk yard. So they flush the turkeys into the open, fire and...shoot four of the six people that are hunting. Tragic, yes. But humerous too in it's own way. I mean, I could see an accidental shooting of one person, but FOUR OUT OF SIX? No way.
Now, being of redneck descent myself, I was taught to shoot a gun at a young age, though I declined ever learning to hunt. I don't shoot or eat game of any kind, but that's a whole 'nother entry. Even so, I KNOW you don't hunt in circles and shoot toward the center. I'm convinced it didn't make the news because there is no way a report could be done without making all of the people look like the raging idiots they must be. Four out of six. It boggles the mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home