Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Monday, April 12, 2004

Those perfect days

Most people would call me crazy for loving these "dreary" days that I claim as my favorites, but I don't care. There is something comforting about the blanketing of haze given by the clouds and the contrast of lush new leaves covering every tree. Dogwood blooms and brilliant greens of the freshly frocked oaks are warm against the sky, and though the clouds look cold and distant they are low and comforting - like being tucked in.

The temperature won't vary too much today. The birds will seem to spend more time sitting on the tree limbs and chirping out a song than flittering around from this place to that. My cats will prop lazily near a window so they can watch the action. They will sleep. A lot. And I'll feel the pull of a cozy chair and good book all day. Hence the perfect day association I guess. Maybe one day in this life I'll actually get to spend one of these days that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home