Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Thunder!

As yesterday promised, we have rain, rain and more rain today. Our first REAL thunderstorms of the year and though they are weak and far from the great huge storms we will have later in the summer, I revel just the same.

I'm babysitting for the next two weeks so it will be like a vacation without actually getting any rest. No housework, no laundry, no dusting. Austin (my nephew, who will be two in a few weeks) will keep me busy trying to keep him from climbing the mountain of boxes I have packed full of books. I may get inventive and shift them around to make something for him to climb on. But I think I've already pulled a muscle in my lower back, so maybe not. Jake and I will pass the school day with short snatches of reading. Who knows, with a little cooperation I might even pack a few more things or do some more of that laundry. Doubtful, but I entertain the thought nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home