Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Closing on the house has been pushed back until Wednesday of next week. This, after I spent 5 HOURS driving today to get this paper here and pick this paper up from there so we could get it done tomorrow. The attorney handling the closing dropped the ball. Somebody dropped the ball. We've had the ultimate in Hell Closings. I'm the new poster child for Murphy's Law. Doug asked me earlier today if I was getting excited yet (that was before we knew the closing had to be pushed back) and I said "No. There's more than 24 hours left for something to go wrong."
As usual, I was right again. Now there's 5 whold days for something to go wrong. House buying bites. Of course I'll be singing a different tune once it's over and done with. We'll have the place I love and want to live forever. I just wish we could get started on it already. I've been patient enough, I think. I deserve to sit on the porch and drink my coffee and not have to have a single house in sight. Can't wait.

Time to pick Emily up from school. I'm hoping to come back home and drink my grumps away. I may have a celebratory sip, but mostly I'm going to whine about the fact that Saturday morning won't see me painting new bedrooms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home