Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Monday, May 10, 2004

It's almost 3:30 and I've slept for an hour and a half tonight. I think I may have worked too hard today because I was bone tired when I went to bed and naturally I couldn't sleep. I'm sitting here now resigned to the fact that I'm up for the night. As soon as I finish puttering about here at my desk, I will fold some clothes and start cleaning the house. It's just as well, I suppose, because the house sure does need it. I've worked the entire week on three rooms in the house and not one of them are finished yet. I have a window to paint in one room still before I can lay the floor, a ceiling to paint in another and the floor to install there, and two doors to prime and trim in the third then I can rip out carpet and get it ready for the new floor. I have got to change my method because it's just not moving fast enough.
The good news is that Doug is taking me shopping tomorrow to buy a compressor with a paint sprayer and nail gun attachment. That should really speed up the painting process and when it comes time to put the floor in, it will save my hands a lot of pain. I hope. I know squat about air compressors and tools you can use with them. It all sounds good though.
I had a really great Mother's Day. Jake made me a sweet little card and wrapped several of his own personal treasures up in toilet paper to give to me. Emily had made me several beautiful cards and my mom gave me a pair of shorty pajamas. I can usually count on my mom to keep me supplied with soft pj's.
I had some problems painting the back door this afternoon. There is a wasp nest right inside the screen door and the wasp was none too happy when we tried to shoo him away. Being that I'm allergic to bee stings, we ended up giving up and saving that part of the trim for another day. We bought wasp and hornet spray on the way home tonight. That'll show him.
Two and a half hours until I have to wake the kids. I wonder if I should make coffee now or save it for later? I know that going to sleep now would do nothing more than assure that I oversleep in the morning. It's insane. I've been ready to go to bed since 6:00 this evening. I don't understand why I couldn't sleep. Nothing I can do about it now though. Might as well make myself productive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home