Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I'm moving!

Today I have packed up two loads of boxes from the house and moved to storage at the new house. Amazing how much my van holds. Thumbs up Honda!!! I knew Fatty was shedding but not that much. To be fair, it is shedding season, especially for very long haired, fat, black kitty cats, but geesh! The space on the floor between the boxes (where she has taken to napping) looks like a violent new breed of snow storm swept through.
I'm a little disappointed that getting the boxes out didn't really help the house to look much cleaner, but I think a broom and dustpan will go a long way toward helping that.
If anyone is interested in seeing our new house (and a picture of the most beautiful daughter in the whole world) check out the link to my photo blog on the left. The batteries went dead in the camera before I got a lot of pictures but I'll be adding more soon, along with tales of remodeling adventures. Tomorrow I'll take the next load out to the house and lay the floor in the sewing room. If all goes well, I may get the ceiling painted in the soaping room (old kitchen) and get the floor in there too. Go me! A couple of touch ups on Emily's room and I'll be set for tearing out carpet and laying the new floor in there...hopefully by the weekend when I can draft my brother to help me. That depends on how much luck I have learning how to operate the paint sprayer though. If it goes well, I may just paint the whole house this weekend (best case senario). If I end up laying all the floors then it will obviously not have gone well with the compressor.
Anyway, I'm tired tonight after hauling heavy boxes full of books. I'm a really not smart packer. I tried to be but I've never packed a house before and I'm afraid my ignorance is being felt by my back. I'm in need of a long soak and a good episode of Angel. Spike makes everything better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home