Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Never gettin' done

Everytime I think "Today I'll finish those three rooms, FINALLY." I don't. I'm not sure why it is that I can't seem to get things going in there any faster than they are. It may have something to do with the fact that it takes me a good part of the morning to do a little work in this house. I mean, the dogs do have to eat and get some time outside before they are locked inside to await my return. I have to do dishes sometime because in spite of the fact that we've not eaten a meal at home in days, somehow we still manage to fill the dishwasher regularly. I still haven't figured out how that happens yet. Of course there's no slowing down the laundry. And I've mentioned already that it's shedding season. We are the House of Hair thesedays.
I have an hour before Leirin gets home and we'll be off again to work for a few hours in hopes that I can get both floors in tonight, paint a ceiling, and prime two doors and trim. Leirin will be there to help with the priming and painting the ceiling. Jake and Em are great help with flooring. I can't wait until school is out. Maybe a week with no interruptions in the day (like having to come back home to meet Em's schoolbus) will see me get a lot more accomplished. Things are turning out nicely but my GOD they are going slow.
If I get the rooms done tonight I'll have more pics on the photo blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger GeekyMom said...

Hey, you know I work while we chat. Early mornings aren't my productive time thesedays. There just isn't enough sleep to be had after working in two houses and (seemingly) not getting anywhere :( This weekend should see a lot accomplished and a better outlook on my part.
Here's to hoping!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home