Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

For the second day in a row I overslept and woke the girls up late. Yesterday I was just too tired that's all. Antihistamines and up too late, umm...working were to blame. No such good excuse today. I remember shutting off the alarm and thinking it was a weekend. Not my fault. The husband surprised me by showing up here before 2:30 yesterday with a night off work. That NEVER happens. So last night we piled into the car and went to dinner (Mexican, yummm) and it made it feel like a weekend. Thank goodness this is the last day of school before Thanksgiving holidays or no telling what kind of rushed hell I'd put them through for the last 3 days of the week.

Today I'm tiling my front porch (stoop according to all my yankee friends - here in the south anything attached to the house but not inside of it is a porch). I am definitely taking before and after pictures. Usually I forget to do that. Bad me. I have a mixture of natural slate, clay and tumbled marble. Looks great on paper, well technically laid out in a dry run on the livingroom foor. Hope it turns out looking that cool once it's cemented in place with no chance of a "do over". Wish me luck. I'm hoping the temperature warms up enough to let me get it done. I'm pushing my luck with temps in the 30's at night and 50's in the day but it's stone...it lives in the cold cold ground anyway. I'm hoping I'll be alright. If all goes well I'll have the coolest porch/stoop in the world to go with my nicely painted house. Yay me.

If I could just get the inside cleaned up I'd be doing pretty good.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home