Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Just my luck

That commode kicked my butt yesterday. After hauling it off the shelf to the cart, off the cart into the van, out of the van and into the house, through the house more times than I can even count at this point – it was defective. There was a ridge on the bottom that wasn’t going to let it sit flush no matter how hard I tried. I lifted and set and lifted and reset that toilet two dozen times I know and in the end what do I have to do… One more time now…haul it out of the bathroom to pack it back up, haul it to the van, out of the van and onto the cart back into the store.
That sucked mightily.
I ended up putting the old toilet back in. We inspected the tank and figured out that it did not have a crack after all, but a loose connection that had caused the leak and just what ‘looked’ like a crack in the tank. It’s working just dandy now. I, on the other hand, am so sore I may not do much moving around today. Just bending over to pour food into the cats dish made my back scream.
The money I had originally spent on the new potty went, instead, on new faucets for two bathrooms and a cool, new potty seat. How come every job I do seems to create 3 more? I think I’m doing something wrong. And god help me, I walked into the music room this morning and had a vision of a new, beautiful floor in honeyed oak that went through the music room and the kids living room and looked just stunning where it met with the floor of the entry.
What’s up with me? It’s a good thing we’re broke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home