Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Monday, November 08, 2004

Almost scary

I don’t know what brings about days like this. It is certainly not the norm for me to have so much accomplished by this time of day. Usually I get unload and reload the dishwasher while my coffee brews and maybe start a load of laundry in the meantime, but I seldom accomplish much more than that.
This morning I am a whirlwind of productivity though, and I’m not going to knock it. I’m getting so much done. My fifth load of laundry just finished washing. Earlier loads sit, folded neatly in the baskets, waiting for the last two loads to be done. The kitchen is in decent shape, awaiting nothing more than a good mopping (and the trash taken off). The living rooms and music room are neat and ready for a dusting and vacuuming. The house is nowhere near perfectly clean. I’m just saying that if there has ever been a day when it was a possibility, today is the day.
Right now I’m taking a break from putting in a new toilet. The old one leaked around the base and the tank was cracked. This is my first toilet replacement and so far it’s going well. Thank goodness the new toilet is nowhere near as heavy as the old one.
Jake is busy working on his writing lesson and we appear to be right on schedule for being finished with school by lunch and we’ll start cutting out the coat and cape patterns that I’m making the girls for Christmas. A whole afternoon to spend sewing – it’s been years.
I’m not feeling especially perky. I fully expect to crash and burn fairly early in the day but I’m going to take advantage of it for as long as it lasts.
Last night we watched Shrek 2 – very good. Puss n’ Boots was everybody’s favorite I think. Those eyes! It’s incredible what can be created on a computer.
I’m reading Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements (Clemens?) I think that’s his name. Leirin and I seem to be trading places in reading lately. She recommends to me her favorite YA books and I give her a rundown of my favorite adult authors. She’s especially fond of Mary Higgins Clark and Dan Brown. Soon I’ll hand John Grisham over to her. She’s going to love him too. And Sidney Sheldon, a true master of the game.
Oh well, at this point I’m just putting off setting the new toilet. I should fold this load of clothes and get busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home