Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Happy Birthday to me!

Figured I'd better post my happy birthdays to myself before I drink myself into a stupor and slide out of the chair and under the desk. Doug, Em and Jake are preparing my birthday dinner and I'm drinking amaretto sours like there's a neverending supply. Life, at the moment, is good. Very good. I hope they clean up afterwards too, not sure if I can...
As you can see by the obvious sign we have power - we didn't lose power. Jeanne kind of fizzled out, much to the chagrin of my girls who really hoped for AT LEAST a two hour delay for school this morning. But alas, we were in the car by 7:20 and headed for school. What a pisser.
Does anybody think it's weird that I want two hour delays and flood days as much as the kids do? I mean, I still get up at 6:00 to check the closings reports and it's not like I get to go back to bed or anything. What's the deal?
We lost a couple more trees in the storm in spite of the fizzling. We have GOT to have some of them cleared out or we'll never have a barn. The back 30 feet or so is now completely collapsed. Sniff, sniff...we're YEARS away from being able to get horses. All is not lost though because we're getting a GOAT! I love goats! Baaaa Baaaaa Baaaaa
Ok I'm going to eat. Then I'm having more amaretto.
Hey! It's my birthday! I'm 24 years old and I can do whatever I want to (ok, I'm really 36) but BAH! I can still do whatever I want to! As long as it doesn't involve coherency. I can do it.
Really I can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!! If you drink too much liquor, in the toilet you'll spew!!!

Have a good one!!

8:25 PM  
Blogger AGK said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home