Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Monday, September 27, 2004

Outisde the air is heavy with the promise of what Jeanne is bringing with her. She's supposed to pass through quick - be done by tomorrow, but we aren't taking any chances. The wind has my long chimes in a constant state of song and the sky is dark even though the sun came up almost two hours ago (or somewhere thereabouts). It is just like what I've always thought Alaska must be like during the dark half of the year. I've heard it is like twilight. It sounds beautiful to me.
The first thing I said when I walked outside to the heavily overcast skies and chill of the wind was, "What a great day this is going to be!"
Just call me Morticia...

Today I have an appointment to get my hair done (tomorrow is my birthday) and I'm not sure what I'll end up with. I love the cut I have, but honestly, long hair is getting old for me. Maybe I'll be satisfied with a reshaping of the cut th loatoks so good on me. Then again, maybe I'll just go crazy and have it whacked into some kind of new and sexy 'do'. No telling. Whatever I do I'm sure I'll be thinking (soon enough) that I should have gone the other way. I'm weird that way.

The chickens are hunkered down, the bikes are put away, flashlights and candles stand at the ready, the cell phone is fully charged...I have NEVER had a hurricane season like this before. It's usually the coast that gets pounded, not the western part of the state. It has kept us from having the usual brutally hot summer though. For that, I'm so thankful. I wither in the heat of summer. I'm such a wuss.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home