Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Monday, September 27, 2004

She's heerrreeee

The wind is howling, we can't keep a satellite signal for more than a few minutes at a time, and the power has started to blink. Jeanne is stalling and we're expecting up to 10-12 inches of rain in our area (depending on which weather forecast you watch). Either way, it doesn't bode well for us to keep power through the night. The winds are picking up and there have been times when the maple tree out front looked ready to lay down. Just give up.
We just restocked the refrigerator yesterday.
I got my hair cut today. I didn't go for the big change, just a nice shape-up. The guy (who came highly recommended by all the women with great hair that I asked "Who does your hair?") was awesome. I am glad I decided to ask all those people, it was worth the two months of 'research'. He cut about 5 inches off the length and I feel every bit of it. For the first couple of hours it felt like my head wanted to fall forward. It's amazing what a little bit of hair must weigh - how we become accustomed to supporting that weight.
There's still a lot to do - a lot to get out of the floor just in case power goes out tonight. It wouldn't be safe to try to walk through the house in the dark as things are now. Hopefully, we won't have to. And maybe no more trees will fall.
Please, please, don't let any more trees fall.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

Being follically challenged, I haven't dealt with "heavy hair" for years. Oh, to have such a problem! :)

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home