Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Monday, October 11, 2004

Cotton Candy Skies

The sun was rising just before we left for school this morning - great big cotton candy swirls of fluffy clouds with the sun filtering through cast a warm glow across the horizon. Beautiful way to start the day. Now, an hour later, the sun is up and the pretty colors of first light have faded to shades of white and baby blue. It's the trees now that brighten the morning with their flaming red and gold leaves. At our old house we had mostly pines so colorful displays were limited, but here in our new front yard the trees provide a tantalizing burlesque as winter grows near. These are the best days. They move me to make things comfortable and cozy.
That's the only excuse I can make to explain why, when I went to buy glazing and paint for the loose window panes, I managed to find marble and granite to redo the bathroom counter tops. I'm not doing the bathrooms now, but somehow here I am making plans to do the bathrooms now. I've not glazed a single window but I did paint the front door and the new weather stripping goes on today. At least some moves I'm making are in the right direction. Before the harsh winds of winter settle in, I will have missing glass replaced in the windows, and in between I'll lay a few tiles, throw on some paint and wallpaper, and make the bathrooms an inviting and cozy haven of beautiful, relaxing sights.
I spent yesterday working on computers. Jake's now sports a new graphics card that makes even our old games look so "wow!" and I salvaged bits and parts from three broken systems to build Emily an impressive Frankenstein that makes everyone in the house jealous. 2.0ghz, 512mb DDR RAM and a whopping 120gb harddrive. Everybody wants it and if it had Jake's new graphics card it would definitely be The Bomb.
Today is school and a quick run to the vet with Luna. She's losing weight for some reason and at only seven or eight pounds to start, we can't wait long to see what's going to happen. At some point I hope to glaze at least one of those windows. Old Man Winter is coming down the road and windows with no glass let in a heck of a draft.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Did you get to your glazing :) I wish I had trees to watch as the leaves turn.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home