Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Friday, February 13, 2004

Today I'm putting the trim up in the office. Funny how some work is just extra condusive to mind wandering. I'm down in the basement ripping a board and suddenly I think "Where will I get enough boxes to pack all this crap in?", "Do I really want to put the extra nice molding I paid 2.00 a foot for up or should I carry it with me?" Then I start thinking that if I carry it with me that means I'll have to do trim in at least one room and I hate doing trim work. Hate it.

That's right. We've got pre-approval on our home loan and we're ready to wheel and deal on the house that I adore. That means now it's time for me to stress myself out. Completely. So far, so good. I'm worried about having to bid high enough that we can't afford to install the heat and air and fix the bad shingle job and buy fencing and repair the barn. I'm worried that if I don't work now all this stuff will be piled so high and needing to be done when it comes time to move that I'll never get out from under it. I'm killing time because I'm ready to move NOW.

We love that house. Honestly, in spite of everything it needs I stopped house hunting pretty much the minute I walked into this one. I love it and I want to live in it. Doug wanted to make sure we had seen everything but we both kept coming back to this one. It will provide everything we need for room and there is more room to be had if we want it. I can picture our kids playing in the front yard with almost 1/4 mile of room to run between the house and the road. I can see Doug walking into the back yard to pick apples, figs, cherries, peaches and grapes and picking up pecans and black walnuts off the ground. How peaceful it will be to walk out in the morning and smell hay and horses, hear little goats bleating or whatever you call that sound they make. I want to spread a blanket under the circle of old trees and lay with my husband in the light of the moon and let the stresses of the day give way to night's song.

I'm going home.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home