Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Shoeless Jake

We have another day with no school because ice has yet to clear from a majority of the back roads our county school buses must travel. Yay us! I like snow days now just as much as I did when I was a kid. Not sure why, considering it completely throws me off schedule. It's fun though, for me and the kids.

I've managed to catch up on laundry AND ironing. Clean out the basement some (though the trash men have yet to catch up with their schedule) and the house has stayed generally clean. Amazing.

I've spent more time reading with Jake and watching movies with the girls than catching up on "me" things or enjoying the quiet (there has been no quiet). We've been prone to outbreaks of pure stupidity and hysterical laughter. We've told bad jokes, made up silly songs, acted out cartoon characters...it's been fun. Well, except for the part where Gimli chewed up the ONLY pair of shoes Jake has, it's all been fun. Doug had to go buy another pair of shoes on his way home from work yesterday. Without shoes for the boy, we were completely housebound. Not that we have anywhere to go - we've quite enjoyed being at home during these unexpected days off school.

Tomorrow I doubt school will be called off. It will depend mainly on the back roads of our county near the mountains. I figure a two-hour delay at best. It's almost sad because I'm not ready for it to end. Normal weekends and scheduled days off school are never this much fun. I'm not sure why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home