Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Saturday, January 17, 2004

Leirin has been invited to spend the day at the mall with two of her friends (and one friend's mom). My baby is growing up. True to form, she walked in here first thing this morning and said, (insert poor, pitiful, neglected child voice here) "Mom, I have no money to spend."

(insert evil Vincent Price laugh here) "Awww, poor baby. Well I guess I can find a couple of jobs for you to earn..." (I count Doug's tip money he left on nightstand real fast) "...this whole twenty dollars."

Her eyes light up and she smiles. Twenty dollars could be spent on several semi-cool things at Claire's. Doug should learn his money left laying about on the nightstand is public domain and finders keepers.

"What do you want me to do?" she says

(more VP wicked chuckling)

"All you have to do is clean the back porch, the kitchen and bag trash in the basement...and I'll give you fifteen dollars. If you'll clean the kitchen too, you can have the whole twenty."

The deck is simple. True, the way it looks is a pretty accurate of destruction (compliments of Gimli, the great chews up everything lab puppy) but the cleaning of it will be simple enough. The pond is shut down for the winter, dead plants need to be tossed, chewed up bits swept up, chewed up candles tossed, nice candle holders brought inside to be put away, sweep and mop. That's a good 7.50 worth. The basement is another story. Our basement would be the ultimate Survivor locale. But the job of simply gathering some things to toss is a pretty easy 7.50 job too. Cleaning the kitchen (which is already clean) well, that one will pay 5.00. The kitchen will save me lots of time in my own cleaning routine today. The porch and basement are things I have yet to find time to work into my regular schedule so any amount of work in either place is a HUGE help.

I get help and she gets money. Sometimes, the system works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home