Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Saturday, December 27, 2003

Well Crystymas is over and my house is almost back to normal. Normal meaning it's a wreck still but I'm working on it. My husband didn't lie...I got the big haul this year - including that table saw I've been wanting so bad. Yay me! He did a great job picking out a good one too. The table has wheels to make it easy for me to move around the basement and it has it's own vacuum system to collect the dust. That's way cool. I just have to finish with the kitchen shelf and spice racks I've been building and get the ice machine stand he had me build out of the way and I'll be ready to set it up. I can't wait to cut something! I even got a gift certificate for Home Depot (already spent). Next year I think I'll just ask for lumber.

Emily got her DDA replacement for Christmas and boy was she happy. That bear hasn't left her side since Christmas Eve. She was so thrilled when she opened it and saw what it was that it was almost a pitiful sight to see. I could have bawled watching her nearly cry because she was so overjoyed. Leirin's gift of the year was a new camera to replace hers that broke the week before Christmas and Doug got a new tv for the bedroom. Now I can't keep the kids out of the bedroom and I have no quiet place to play with my laptop. For the first time ever I think I'd like to give the kids tv's in their own rooms so I can have a quiet place. Jake got Morrowind Bloodmoon but is he in his room playing it? No, he's in OUR room watching the new tv and Doug is in the livingroom watching football so I'm still out a quiet, comfy place to sit and write with the laptop unless I want to sit in the rock hard chairs at the kitchen table.

Leirin's guinea pig has a fungal infection so tonight I had to give him the treatment. Little bugger bit me two times. For future reference, he ticks before he bites. Next time maybe I'll move quick enough because I'll know what's coming. He's a sweet pig, but his skin is just so sore it's painful to have the oil treatment rubbed all over him. He was sorry afterwards, I'm pretty sure he was.

Not much to blog about today really. I'm still trying to get caught up and I've done more laundry this week than I should have had to do in a month. Still the beds need to be changed. I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll be able to get the rest of the upstairs finished so I can break out that saw. I wish Linda lived close to me. We'd have a grand old time with a table saw, I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home