Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

MERRY CRYSTYMAS

Crysty-mas because this is MY year for the big haul (according to my husband). I got a laptop! YAY! Plus, he says there is way more coolness to follow. Lead the way Mr. Man, I'll follow...

Actually I'm not really a selfish wanter like I make myself sound, but I have been wanting a laptop for a really very long time. And now I have one :) I think this may be my year for the great big power tool haul too. To this point I've only received hand tools but me heart has longed for something more substantial - a table saw, or even more cool, a radial arm saw - I'm so weird. This I know. And I'm OK with it.

I'm sitting here having my coffee trying to put off for as long as I can the cleaning and wrapping and completely rushed chaos that lies ahead of me for the next few days. We have our family Christmas gathering with our immediate family today, and tomorrow we will be at my grandma's for the big blow-out. It is always fun. And of course the day after Christmas will be the big clean up day. Actually, that part usually takes me about a week to get through.

The day has started no less hectic than I expected. Gimli puked a big yucky mess in my kitchen floor (anybody that's ever had a dog that eats everything in sight will be sympathetic - anyone that hasn't may just be grossed out), Pooh Kitty has unwrapped one of the presents under the tree by scratching on the box and I didn't remember to set the coffee pot up last night before bed. It's so hard to make coffee when you need coffee. I freely admit to being a coffee addict. I'm useless without it. Oddly enough, I can still remember days when I didn't touch the stuff. Somewhere along the line I switched and became a coffee person and I'm still not sure how that happened. When I was little I always thought that drinking coffee was a grown-up thing. I think it's a side effect of having kids and being completely drained of energy yet still needing to keep up with the energetic little buggers. Whatever the reason, thank goodness for coffee without which I'd never make it into clean clothes every day. I probably wouldn't even have clean clothes. I love coffee. All hail Juan Valdez! Go Colombia! I could easily write a coffee song to rival Adam Sandler's Turkey Song.
I love coffee
it's my morning treat
Wakes up my fingers
it wakes up myyy feet
Coffee for me
Coffee for you
I take mine with cream and sugar,
do you?
Coffee is good
Coffee is great
Just a pot or two and I am good to go
Oh I liiiiike having coffee
in the moooorrrnnniiiinnngggg

Thank you, thank you (takes a bow)

Enough foolishness. Once more cup and I'm off to the wrapping races.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS ONE AND ALL


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home