Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Friday, January 23, 2004

I should be baking, but I'm sitting here blogging instead. Blogging - Baking...close enough.
I volunteered to make snackies for the pinewood derby tomorrow for Jake's troop/pack/den/whatever that thing is called. I wouldn't know that much about it being that every meeting they've had scheduled since he joined back in early December has been cancelled. Tomorrow though is derby day and he will get to see lots of the kids. Actually, he will get to see lots of them tonight when he goes for weigh in and the practice run. That's a thing he will be doing with his dad and I'm skipping the festivities. Since I'm sitting here on my butt now, I will most likely be here baking (since I'll have already done the blogging thang).

I've spent a big part of the day cleaning out our bedroom while Jake worked on school stuff. It was worksheet day so nothing for me to do except yell "Hey boy! Get back to work!" every few minutes. Hehehe, it's not like that really, but Jake's about as interested in working today as I am so we went light with the stuff to do. Besides, he's blown through gajillions of workbook pages this week and the worksheet thing is getting tired. I think we're both ready to DO something. I'm thinking of switching us over to a project based system. He's really enjoyed building Jakenstein (we're putting together a body and learning about each system in Science). I want to do more cool stuff like that. Granted, he's perfectly capable of doing the worksheets but geesh, he's working out of second grade books, he makes a perfect score on most everything and the kid is BORED. he needs something more challenging.
Enter Good Mom.
"Hello bored little boy. How about we chunk all these workbooks in the can and do something FUN?"
He's all for it. Now I just have to figure out what we're going to do. If it turns out to be too much effort we may have to go the way of the worksheet again until my life settles down a bit, but I think we will be doing a lot more projects that will help us avoid so much of this mundane busy work. If it weren't for needing ot have papers to show the state, we would do little more than read and make stuff.
Cleaned my bedroom this morning while Jake worked on classification worksheets (BOring!) and it's looking right spiffy if I do say so myself. Nothing like ridding a room of the layers of dust to make it inviting. No wonder I've been wkaing up with serious sinus headaches for the last two weeks. Somebody call a maid service, quick!
Please!
I'm like Koni in that I'd love a maid. I'd like to join my husband and children in the little game of "nah, just leave that there, the maid will be along to pick it up shortly."
Inconsiderate bunch, they are.
On the home front, after I told my husband that I want the old house he called to get an inspector and builder to have a look at it so we can get an idea of the amount of serious work involved. We should know within the week if we're going to make an offer on it and how much that should be. Yay me!
AD: Looking for someone to take one adorable puppy dog. He's helpful (cleans off my counters every freakin' chance he gets) He mops (doesn't remember to close his mouth after drinking so my floors are in a constant state of mopping) He's entertaining (in that clumsy stage - can fall while doing nothing more than standing still). Only drawback is he has teeth. Call 1-800- IMA-SUKR.
Note: Tampons not included. His ears are supposed to flop. (though tying some onto his ears might help with the mopping after he drinks)

Ah well I should go start baking I guess. Just call me Betty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home