Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Friday, January 30, 2004

Em made it to school one day, at least. I had to pick her up early yesterday because she had a headache that wouldn't go away. It gets better then comes back with a vengence and she woke up with it this morning. I'm narrowing down symptoms and I think it's either tension or sinus so I gave her Motrin and an antihistamine and decongestant for good measure. She's still sleeping.

Jake's still sleeping too, though i will have to wake him shortly. Right now I'm just sitting here alone (with 3 dogs and a couple of cats) enjoying the quiet. Soon enough it will be time to wake the other lazy mutts and see my husband off to work. The day will get interesting after that. I have to get ready for the superbowl party on Sunday- figure out where all those people are going to sit/stand to watch the game and how in the world we're going to fit them all in here. Assuming they all show up, that is. I think Doug has invited just about everyone he's seen for the last couple of weeks and everyone he hasn't seen in years and years. We'll see who ends up showing up.

I woke up freezing cold this morning even though it's pretty near to 20 degrees warmer than we've been waking up to most mornings. The satin sheets I bought Doug for Christmas are decadent for sure, but they are dang hard to keep from sliding off the bed and taking the much needed warm blankies and quilts with them. I think we may need to save them for summertime when it doesn't matter so much if we lose them to the floor during the night. Will miss them though. I've become very spoiled to their silky comfort.

Yesterday Jake and I tackled a chair recovering project. For months now the kids have been sitting in an office chair with scraps of ripped cloth hanging like fringe from a dress from the 20's. Half the padding was missing (gimli ate it) and it was generally looking ugly sitting there in front of the playstation tv. Jake picked out a heavy duty flannel with rugrats pictures on it and we salvaged a bit of the unscarred padding for the arms and a couple of unused pillows for the seat and back. We ended up with a pretty great game chair if I do say so myself. It looks a lot better with nothing ripped and dangling too. We were proud of our results.

Not a lot to say this morning. Much work awaits. Have to clean Jake's desk off before we can even think of sitting down for school. I'd just have it in the livingroom but no need in trashing the only halfway clean room in the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home