Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Whole bunch of nothing

Today we are supposed to reach the upper 60s. Our first practically hot day and it's going to rain. I bet the flowers will be bursting open after that. I've mentioned I love spring. Yesterday was a really great day for me and Jacob. After speech class we went to McDonalds for lunch and a little bit of playground fun. We were the only people there and it was still a bit nippy, so Jake decided he was ready to head over to our vet's office to do a little volunteer work. We played with puppies. Our vet runs a no-kill adoption shelter and they work hard to make sure each animal brought into the program gets a loving home. They also work hard to make sure each home gets a great puppy (dog, cat or kitten) by giving the animals lots of love and attention.

Our vet is one of the greatest people I know. He's smart, witty and an all around nice guy. He loves the animals he cares for. It shows every time he has to sit down in the middle of an exam because he can't breathe through the asthma attack the cat allergies set off. Awesome guy. Great human being. And one time, he let me watch him do surgery. Way cool.

So anyway we played with the puppies yesterday. They are lanky little hound mixes, blue-tick I'd guess, and so adorable, except for the jumping part. After 15 minutes or so though, they understood they'd be getting more petting if they'd just stand still and Jake would even throw the ball for them. One of them is going to be a professional fetcher for sure. I don't know their story and that's a good thing. I already have 6 dogs with a sad story. I think we will go there on Mondays though and play with whatever baby animals they have because that was a lot of fun. And I'm fresh out of room to help by taking them. Once a sucker always a sucker, I guess.

Today we put our official bid on the house that is meant to be mine. Last night I woke from a nightmare where someone else had bid on it. If I make it through this week without losing my mind it will be a miracle. I hope it goes well and goes fast. I'm quickly driving myself insane over it. On that note, I should get up and get busy. If I don't keep my mind off of it I'll be crazy by noon and we don't even meet with the agent until 3 to write up the bid. Is going to be a long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home