Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Tuesday, July 01, 2003

It appears that even Linda is going to get in on the Fly wars, so I'm dropping out now.

I give. Uncle. (*and for the record, Miss Martha, I WAS dressed to the shoes yesterday. It just happened to be pajamas with my sandals. But they were buckled.)

My mind has been consumed by other things lately. I'm trying to learn how to build a website. For years I've had programs to do it with, just sitting around the house. I'd get one, couldn't figure it out, get something else. My brother would take pity on me and gift me with something he knew was practically a "dummies" version, and I couldn't figure that out either. Software stupid, that's me. For some reason yesterday I got determined that I was going to learn how to do it, or die of embarrassment. All of my friends have webpages, why don't I? (Don't answer that, I already know the answer)

24 hours and a whole lot of cussing later, I have managed to learn a bit. It's only the simple things, mind you, but I am proud. If anyone happens to read this blog and is so inclined, you can check it out at www.wordjourney.netfirms.com. Feel free to offer ideas for placement and organizing content (even ideas for content) because I really suck at that.

In other news, it's raining here today. That means I have a get out of cutting grass free card. Yay me. I haven't been in the mood for grass cutting. Pisses me off sometimes that my husband works so much. I can barely manage to take care of 3 kids and - I'm counting - 17 animals, business paperwork, housework INSIDE, yardwork out front, and still manage to be a real person. I can't do it all. I appreciate the vote of confidence in his thinking I can (or that I will and then he won't have to), but I can't.

The last several days I've been highly UNmotivated. I don't know. Even Teri asked me if I had PMS. After I reminded her I had been spayed, she just called me bitchy. It's true. I have no energy, my allergies are driving me completely insane. I am not motivated to do much more than zone somewhere doing something not too productive. Is Mercury in retrograde? I'm really off my game. I have, at most, a couple of hours worth of energy (oddly enough it's the two hours after polishing off a pot of coffee) a day; then I'm totally zapped. Shot. Fried. Kaput.

I haven't been sleeping well and I'm sure that's probably the culprit. I'm not sure what to do about not sleeping though. I guess I'll make a run for some valerian root and see if that will help. Maybe I'll take up drinking or something. Depends on which is cheapest and delivers the best results.

In other, other news. Teri has lined up a SECOND television interview! She's set to impress at her reunion for sure. "Hello classmates of years past. Forgive my tardiness, I was held up signing autographs at the television station." Yep, impressive.

Well the washing machine is on it's final spin cycle and my head is keeping time. I think I'll switch out a load and grab a quick nappy before I have to pick dogs up from the vet (check up and shot day). Hopefully I can perk up before I have to leave the house this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home