Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Back again. I decided to celebrate my newly acquired wealth by coloring my hair and giving myself a facial. The dye has been applied and I've smothered my face with the gooey peel-off mask stuff. I love peel-off masks. There's something weirdly cool about pulling a layer of your face off.

I chose a new color for my hair "deep auburn brown". It's made by a different company than colors I usually use and boy is it strong. I was kind of excited to crack open the box and find an aromatique oil additive. My usual color has one of those and it smells yummy. This one stinks to high heaven. Aromastinky. The color is strong too, and it kind of stings. I went to the bathroom a minute ago to wipe a drip (it's also drippy) and I'm a little worried about the Ronald McDonald red glow developing on my head. Don't let this be another purple head disaster like that one time before, I whispered. I decided here at the computer is the best place for me to be because I have a clock on the screen and I can't see the red glow reflecting in the monitor if I turn the lights on.

The mask is starting to dry and make my face feel tight. I hope they put enough alpha hydroxy acid stuff in there to remove some of these wrinkles. I was reading this thing recently and it said that alpha hydroxy acid is just vitamin C. I wonder how many layers of skin a half dozen oranges and lemons are capable of removing. I bet I could throw a handful of salt in the mix and make a micro-dermabrasion recipe of my own. I should give this mask a chance to work before I plan a homemade face-lift though.

Micro-dermabrasion don't sound too bad. Not like face lift - that gives me pictures of cranes and other heavy equipment. Micro-dermabrasion don't sound any worse than a skinned knee. Wonder why it costs so much? What's the price of oranges these days?

5 more minutes...the color of the drip I just wiped off my neck is an odd purplish red color. I'm a little scared. Nothing like a little home beauty treatment to make life interesting. My mask isn't drying as fast as it needs to to be finished by the time I have to rinse my hair. I'll sure be disappointed if I have to wash it off instead of peeling it off. The peeling is 90% of the fun. Well, maybe it's more like 80% of it. Hearing the kids squeal is surely worth 20%.

1 more minute. Time to get ready to rinse. I'll know soon if I'll be eating a happy meal tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home