Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Wednesday, May 07, 2003

I woke up this morning to the sound of a real, honest to goodness early morning thunderstorm. Not thunder in the distance, mind you, there is a distinct difference and thunder in the distance is about all we have had recently (though there has been lots of it). This was the kind of thunderstorm that charges all the space around you with it's energy and wraps you in a snug storm cocoon. The kind of storm that's so consistent you can feel the lightening building outside, from within yourself. Odd how I describe a high energy circumstance, yet the result of such a storm makes me want to just stay curled up in bed and listen while it scoots ever closer.

There's nothing like it.

No such luck today though. It is my nephew's first day in his new daycare which translates to a day I will accomplish things. Already I miss the little poot because I sure do like having him here, but when he is, I accomplish less than nothing. He is just a year old, discovering all kinds of new things and interested in climbing, throwing and breaking it all, hehehehe. He's very much like his dad in that way. My mom gets a kick out of telling him "He comes by it honest." It must be one of the perks of a mom's job when their kids are older. Kids may think they are good at it, but moms are the masters of the art of I told you so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home