Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Monday, June 30, 2003

Fly Games

I was flying right along, getting an amazing amount of stuff done in the house when I noticed my messenger window blinking. I was standing right beside the computer, throwing stuff in the trashcan so I thought I'd click real quick. Why not? I'm ahead of schedule, I thought. The message read - Teri says: hurry up and get back will ya! Well, that sounded kind of important so I sat down at the desk. Half an hour later, I'm still sitting at the desk. Darn Martha Flyby and her Fly Games.

My daughter is home from work early today. She called around noon and said "We've finished early and Nicole is going to give me a ride home. Someone is just going to come back to feed this afternoon." So Nicole brought Leirin home and came in to check our Min Pin (Luna) out because she and her boyfriend are thinking they'd like a dog like that. So here I am, still in my pajama pants and dh's "Button your fly" XXL t-shirt with holes in it, my hair is just flopping around in the big pinchy comb thingy I have it piled up with, and my face hasn't seen make up in days. Granted, I'm 34 years old and I have 3 kids, I guess I can't be much better than I am, but I hadn't expected to feel so...frumpy? standing next to a girl that's - oh GOD - 14 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME! And she had been shoveling horse poop all morning!

Life's not fair.

I need a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home