Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Well here I am again sitting at the computer counting minutes for hair color to process. I was completely incapable of tolerating the purple. This morning I was just about convinced I kinda almost liked the color last night's attempt had turned out to be. Then there was daylight - ultra revealing daylight that reached deep down to my scalp to pull that brilliant purple color from I don't know where. Not that purple undertone I had noticed last night. In the light of day it looked more like a color you're likely to pick out of a box of magic markers.

EEWWWW

So I'm going back to my old standby. Just call me Truffle. Maybe at some point I'll have enough money to have a professional highlighting job, but for the time being, I'm happy to settle for plain old brown minus the gray.

I took the kids to the library today after lunch. Jacob appears to be falling victim to the rainy day is perfect for napping syndrome and he decided he'd rather sit in the car to rest so I sat with him. I didn't care to be in the library under the flourescent lighting with my purple pony tail hanging out of my hat anyway. We gave the girls a time to come out and we sat back looking at the clouds (there was a break in the rain for about half an hour. It lasted until we got home and the rain started up again. After so many years of being severely short in rain I will never again complain about it. Not that I complained before...rainy days are a favorite of mine. The only bad thing about it is I am never caught up enough to do what I really want to do on rainy days - sprawl on the couch in something equally comfortable and slouchy and read or nap or both.

It just occurred to me that my lack of mentioning cigarettes has probably given Linda the (correct) impression that I have yet to quit smoking. I tried so hard and actually made some headway with quitting before I caved in to the stress of it all. Now I'm back to my same old habits and smoking totals. That's not to say I won't be trying to quit again soon, but for the moment, I have cigarettes and I'm smoking them. Maybe I will take up drinking instead...I like amaretto sours.

5 more minutes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home