Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas Eve brought us a car load of elves delivering puppies that had been driven ten hours to get to us. This pup is as much as six years old and near starved to death. He lived in a wooden crate with holes in the top and bottom and stacked three high - the ones on the bottom lived (if you can call it that) on what food managed to fall through the crates from above. Every bone in his body shows and his little legs are hardly bigger than my thumb. Picking him up can easily feel like he is going to break in two. We've decided to name him Peanut - though we have a hard time not calling him Starvin' Marvin. He will stay with us until he is healthy enough for shots and neutering then he will be available for adoption through the min pin rescue. He is a sweet little bundle. Every time I look at him I feel rage that someone can let an animal - let alone three hundred animals - live this way just so they can make a fast buck. My family thinks I'm completely insane taking three more dogs when I already have seven of my own. But I look at these guys and know that I can make a difference. This little man won't know hungry like this again. He'll never live outside in a crate where his meal consists mainly of his own poo. It might be crazy but it matters.  Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Marie said...

How sad! It's awful what people will do to animals. Thankfully there are people like you, though, who are willing and able to try and undo the bad done to the poor creatures. :( Hugs to you!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home